A very right saying, Mother, is our first teacher and home is our first school. A child has to be given a proper guidance in his/her young age because it is the time when children learn and follow what is taught to them. By encouraging a child to learn good habits will help him to know the value of education and also helps him to shape his career in the future. The values which you give your child will take him to the right path and teaches him to be an independent learner.
What strategies can you apply to help your child study effectively?
Here are some simple methods and plans which can help you to make your child learn and achieve success in an efficient way.
- Make your home a better place to study. A child feels like studying when there is a study environment established at home. Keeping all the distractions away will help to improve his concentration.
- Help him in following a timetable. Planning is much more important before starting any work. A well-planned schedule for your child will help him develop effective time management skills. It also helps him to gain a punctual and a disciplined life. Help your child in creating his own study plan and ask him to follow it.
- Assist them in completing their homework Assist your child in scheduling up a time for the homework provided at school. Most often children love to play right after coming home. So let them have a break of about 15 to 20 minutes and then set to finish up the school work whatsoever given.
- Make sure your child develops healthy food habits. Most of the children love having junk foods. Parents need to help their children in having healthy foods which otherwise may lead to infections and illness.
- Set a proper sleep time for your child. Nowadays we can see that children are often playing video games over mobile phones late night. This habit is something which you should not neglect. See that your child gets a good sleep of about 10 hours maximum, which is very much required.
- Involve him/her with you in daily exercise A healthy and a refreshing day starts with performing good exercises. These activities are very much important in life to reduce stress.
- Give an extracurricular activity. Give your child some brain development activities apart from his study related work. These things improve your child’s aptitude skills and sharpen his reasoning skills.
- Make their learning fun. Having a good time while learning is as essential because all these techniques will help your child to improve his creative skills and doesn’t get bored of studies.
Hence make your child a dream learner by encouraging him/her in every of their steps because motivation leads to success.