How To Change Your Name in CBSE Mark Sheet or Certificate?

If there has been a spelling or factual error in your name or date of birth in any of your CBSE mark sheet including CBSE board certificates like class 10 and class 12.

If you want to make changes in your name or add surname in any of your certificate or mark sheet in your class 10 or class 12 mark sheet or any other certificate, you can apply for change  through the CBSE Board.

Please note that any corrections in your name can only be made within 1 year of date of declaration of the respective result.

Below is the rules and regulation as provided by CBSE Board for change in name.

Changes in Board’s Certificate

69.1 Changes and Corrections in Name

(i) Correction in name means correction in spelling errors, factual errors, typographical errors in candidate’s Name/Surname, Father’s Name/Mother’s Name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record.

Change in name also includes alteration, addition, and deletion to make it different from the school records.

(ii) Application for correction in name may be considered any time provided that the application of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

(iv) Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

69.2 Change/Correction in Date of Birth

(i) No change in the date of birth once recorded in the Board’s records shall be made. However, corrections to correct typographical and other errors to make the certificate consistent with the school records can be made provided that corrections in the school records should not have been made after the submission of application form for admission to Examination to the Board.

(ii) Such correction in Date of Birth of a candidate in case of genuine clerical errors will be made under orders of the Chairman where it is established to the satisfaction of the Chairman that the wrong entry was made erroneously in the list of candidates/application form of the candidate for the examination.

(iii) Request for correction in Date of Birth shall be forwarded by the Head of the School along with attested Photostat copies of the following:

(a) Application for admission of the candidate to the School;

(b) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register where entry in date of birth has been made.

(c) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted at the time of admission.

(iv) The application for correction in date of birth duly forwarded by the Head of School along with documents mentioned in byelaws 69.2(iii) shall be entertained by the Board only within two years of the date of declaration of result of Class X examination.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.