Our wonderful summer camp is about to come to an end but our memories don’t have to! Here’s a fun way to help your child save their memories of the camp or their most fun experiences in recent times. A Scrapbook!
What You Need!
How To Get Started?
1. Discuss with your child if they would like to create a scrapbook based on the Kid’s Camp Activity Calendar. Or, if they would like to make something more personal like their first visit to the zoo.
2. Help them break their idea into different sections
Example 1: Summer Camp Activities
So on and so forth.
Example 2: Visit to the Zoo
3. Once you and your child have planned the flow of the scrapbook, get them to colour, or paste stickers, pictures, etc as per your plan.
4. If you used loose sheets, compile them in the order of your plan and staple or glue them as per your preference.
5. Let it dry and let your child show off their handiwork! 🙂
Why Is Scrapbooking With Your Child Important?
Scrapbooking is a fun way to let your child express their creativity, thoughts, and emotions. It also allows them to document important and memorable experiences of their life. As a parent, it serves as an opportunity to bond better with your child and revisit old memories.
Please note: The process of creating the scrapbook may be a little messy but it’s important to appreciate your child’s efforts and help them understand the concept.
For more information on scrapbooking and different scrapbook ideas, read Scrapbooking: Making Memories One Page at a Time
Mariam Taqui Ali (pro tip: the middle name is pronounced tuh-key) A Word slayer, pluviophile, baker, traveller; among other things, knows the correct usage of punctuation and the difference between your and you're. She spent some time (read a lot of time) writing, editing and keeping track of word counts. Her trysts with writing and editing has led her to interact with experts from diverse industries like healthcare, wellness, HR, business and technology. Having experienced all that, she continues her professional explorations, to learn, to grow and to be a value add. Drop in a line at [email protected] if you liked her stories, have something nice to say, or if you have compelling ideas to share!
My mentor Raksha Chettri has been my pillar of strength from day one. It is her constant guidance and encouraging words that have helped me become a lifelong learner. A big thanks to her and BYJU'S - The Learning App.
BYJU'S app has helped me understand Maths and Science in a fun way. Now, I study from the app, understand concepts, and then go through my textbooks.
BYJU'S is the bridge that connects my imagination to my reality. The engaging study videos with real-life examples help me understand concepts not only from an exam point of view but as a lesson for life.