Food is everything for us Indians, isn’t it? We walk, talk and dream about food! And why is that? Well, blame it on the variety of cuisines one finds in India. Indian food is indeed a kaleidoscope of spices, flavours and aromas that are as diverse as the nation itself.
Drooling already, thinking about all the yummy food? Wait till you take this fun quiz that will put your Indian food knowledge to the test.
Read through the questions carefully and choose your answer from the options given below:
2. This dish from the beautiful mountains of Himachal Pradesh looks like calzones but doesn’t taste similar. Which dish is it?
3. All warmed up? Now pay attention! Kallummakkaya, Pathiri and Malabar Erachi Puttu are specialities of this lesser-known coastal cuisine from Kerala. Which cuisine is it?
4. Are you drooling now? Served at Kashmiri weddings, it’s not a dish, but a whopping multi-course meal. What is it called?
5. Going good so far? Wait, it gets more drool-worthy! A medley of lentils, vegetables, spices and meat, this Parsi dish is usually served with caramelised brown rice.
6. Picture this! You are in this city and you cannot miss Mutton Korma from Karim’s, Parathe from Parathewali Gali, Gajar ka Halwa at Kadimi’s, Aloo Chaat at Prabhu Chaat Bhandar (the list goes on)…. Which city are you in?
7. Psst.. look at the pictures given below. Mouth-watering, right? Tell us which state do they belong to.
8. “Tum ________ log itne cute hote ho … par tum logo ka khana itna khatarnak kyun hota hai … Dhokla, Fafda, Handva, Thepla … aaise lagta hai jaise koi missiles hai”. Which state is Kareena Kapoor referring to in this famous dialogue from 3 Idiots?
9. Having fun? Flex your brain (and taste buds) a little more… look at the pictures given below. One of them seems odd, right? Can you guess which one it is?
10. And finally, time for some dessert! Identify the very famous, layered dessert made during Goan festivals.
Do you think you got them all? Check your answers below to find out!
How much did y’all score? Don’t forget to let us know your score in the comments below!
Rakshanda believes that stories can change the world and loves doing everything to bring them forth. She is a lover of dark humour and doesn’t mean most of it (well, almost!). An exceptional cook from a young age, she adores connecting with people over recipes and hot beverages. She prefers the company of doggos over humans and can be seen adding all things art to her Pinterest board during her free time. Got a recipe to share or story to tell? Reach out to her at [email protected]
Arya C is a 4th grader who talks about her transition from the US to India and how BYJU`S has helped her at that. She also loves how BYJU`S has made learning a lot more fun.
Meet Sourabh who has a ton to say about his BYJU`S learning experience. His love for quizzes, games and other fun activities are paying off!
V Shriya is a class eight student who has been using BYJU’S for a year now. She shares her experiences with using the app and how it has helped her in improving her academic performance.