Cooking is an art. It may look all easy on those well put-together YouTube recipe videos but we all know that it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. One needs to have a certain set of skills, some basic knowledge and most importantly, patience to master the craft of culinary science. Whether you choose cooking to unwind at the end of a long day or just sit through all MasterChef episodes, here’s something for you. This International Chef’s Day, take this fun quiz to test your basic cooking knowledge and see for yourself if you have it in you to be a culinary wizard.
1. How long should soft boiled eggs be cooked for?
2. What are the two main ingredients in a custard?
3. What does it mean to blanch?
4. Which of the following is not a binding agent?
5. What is in a brining solution?
6. White, Brown, Red, Sticky are all types of what?
7. Storing tomatoes upside down will make them last longer.
8. Adding ——- to water will make it boil faster.
9. How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?
10. What do julienne cuts look like?
Do you think you got them all? Give your answers below in the comments box and wait till our next quiz where we publish our answer key!
Answer Key for last month’s quiz:
2. Gotham city
4. His shield
5. Black Widow
7. Daily Bugle
10. Inside the Eye of Agamotto
13. Wonder Woman
14. The Blackbird
15. Joaquin Phoenix
A passionate writer and a compulsive photographer, Fathima is fascinated by people and their stories. Besides her brief stint in advertising, she's worked over four years as an art and culture journalist where she’s written extensively on music, theatre, and films. In love with cameras, colours, and compositions, she likes to watch life one frame at a time and hopes to tell stories the best way she can.
Arya C is a 4th grader who talks about her transition from the US to India and how BYJU`S has helped her at that. She also loves how BYJU`S has made learning a lot more fun.
Meet Sourabh who has a ton to say about his BYJU`S learning experience. His love for quizzes, games and other fun activities are paying off!
V Shriya is a class eight student who has been using BYJU’S for a year now. She shares her experiences with using the app and how it has helped her in improving her academic performance.