While the approach to fitness has evolved over the years, the benefits of yoga still remain unmatched. More and more people are realising the importance of this ancient practice, and adding it to their lifestyle to reap the benefits. And this is happening not just in the country but across the globe!
If you are a dedicated practitioner or even are curious about yoga, the various asanas, and the history surrounding this practice, we have something fun in store for you.
Take this quiz to find out how much you really know about yoga.
1. The word “yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit word, “yuj”. What does the word mean?
2. Which type of yoga is characterised by its use of props?
3. How many poses are there in one Surya Namaskar?
4. The International Day of Yoga was first celebrated in which year?
5. What time of Asana is “Anantasana”?
6. Guess the yoga pose
7. Which pose is known as the scorpio pose in yoga?
8. What is the technique of controlling one’s breath called in yoga?
9. What is the theme for this year’s International Yoga Day?
10. The idea of an International Day of Yoga was first proposed by?
Let’s check out the answers:
Scored a perfect 10? Tell your score in the comments below. We would love to know if you are a yoga enthusiast.
A passionate doodle artist with OCD (Obsessive Coffee Disorder), Samata’s interest lies in telling stories either through her doodles or write-ups! She loves all things indigo! Her thinking cap is always on and she is all about coming up with creative and quirky ideas to make the workplace more awesome. After work hours, you can find Samata either scribbling sketches on her notepad or sleeping (Zzzz). She loves traveling just so that she can experience sleeping or sipping on coffee across different parts of the world. Ping her at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any fun ideas and she will find the best ways to bring them to life.
Arya C is a 4th grader who talks about her transition from the US to India and how BYJU`S has helped her at that. She also loves how BYJU`S has made learning a lot more fun.
Meet Sourabh who has a ton to say about his BYJU`S learning experience. His love for quizzes, games and other fun activities are paying off!
V Shriya is a class eight student who has been using BYJU’S for a year now. She shares her experiences with using the app and how it has helped her in improving her academic performance.