Hindi Diwas is a time to revel in the elegance and beauty of the Hindi language; appreciate it in all its glory. Since 1953, 14 September has been celebrated as Hindi Diwas or Hindi Day. The day also marks the birth anniversary of Rajendra Singh, renowned littérateur.
To honour India’s official language, we thought of indulging you with a fun quiz. Let’s see how much you understand Hindi! Note down your options and before you exit the blog, comment your answers. We would love to hear from you!
1. If you’re escaping from a bear in the woods, you’re running away from a?
2. What is the meaning of घमंड?
3. What is “bread”?
4. Harivansh Rai Bachchan is a famous Hindi poet. What did he write?
5. In Hindi, “car” is?
6. You’re standing beside a beautiful lake, when your friend calls you. You tell them, “मैं एक सुन्दर _______के किनारे हूँ”
7. Eyes are the window to the soul. Window is?
8. If a bat (the mammal) is called चमगादड़, what is a cricket bat called?
9. If you’re feeling cold, you will say, “मुझे _____ लग रही है”
10. पुस्तक is?
Think you got ‘em all? We’re waiting for your comments! Happy Hindi Diwas 2023.
(This story has been put together by Storyweaver, Neha Dua)
Arya C is a 4th grader who talks about her transition from the US to India and how BYJU`S has helped her at that. She also loves how BYJU`S has made learning a lot more fun.
Meet Sourabh who has a ton to say about his BYJU`S learning experience. His love for quizzes, games and other fun activities are paying off!
V Shriya is a class eight student who has been using BYJU’S for a year now. She shares her experiences with using the app and how it has helped her in improving her academic performance.